Lessons on limiting political power - and that of oligarchs - as we
approach a climax to this phase of the US Civil War.
-
Tossing some politically pertinent notes out there as we gird ourselves for
whatever trickery the frantic Putinists are going to try, desperate to save
t...
3 days ago

2 comments:
Bill, have you heard about Steven Pinker's new book, Enlightenment Now? It's a rational, evidence-based work by a scientist and atheist, that gives hope for the future by showing statistically things are looking up.
Donald Trump makes me feel he's turning the world into a shithole. Pinker's book says we need to keep a proper perspective on how we perceive things. I find it immensely difficult to do when Trump is in the news, but I hope Pinker is right.
Jim
Yeah, I don't know, Jim. I hear a variety of things from skeptics about Steven Pinker, not all of them complimentary. It's certainly something I'd like to believe, which is why I need to remain skeptical.
Post a Comment