Monday, February 19, 2018

Donald Trump is destroying America



I can't even comment about this stuff anymore. And this damage won't end when the Trump presidency ends, or even when Democrats regain political power briefly ("briefly," because if liberals vote in one election, they'll probably decide that they've done enough voting, huh?).

This damage will last for years and years. (Heck, Neil Gorsuch will probably remain on the Supreme Court for the next four decades!) All because Americans couldn't be bothered to get off the couch and actually vote.

Well, we can't change the past. But we can change the future, if we're smart enough and determined enough to never quit trying. Are we?

2 comments:

Jim Harris said...

Bill, have you heard about Steven Pinker's new book, Enlightenment Now? It's a rational, evidence-based work by a scientist and atheist, that gives hope for the future by showing statistically things are looking up.

Donald Trump makes me feel he's turning the world into a shithole. Pinker's book says we need to keep a proper perspective on how we perceive things. I find it immensely difficult to do when Trump is in the news, but I hope Pinker is right.

Jim

Bill Garthright said...

Yeah, I don't know, Jim. I hear a variety of things from skeptics about Steven Pinker, not all of them complimentary. It's certainly something I'd like to believe, which is why I need to remain skeptical.