Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dinosaurs!



Check out this video clip, which is supposed to be something of a demo of a new game (the setting, anyway). Neat, huh?

Unfortunately, I probably won't be interested in the game itself, which is supposed to be a multiplayer first-person shooter (FPS). Ugh! But I'd love to see a single-player survival game set in that world. Just drop one human being, or several - without advanced weapons or equipment - into a world full of dinosaurs. Object: survival.

You'd have to explore to gather food and find water, maybe even make some primitive weapons, but most often, you'd be the prey, not the predator. Grab some dinosaur eggs, if you could, but always be looking for an escape route. Scavenge from a dinosaur kill, when they were distracted by other scavengers. Find a secure place to sleep. Lots of possibilities.

2 comments:

Ann J. said...

Too bad this is multiplayer and basically a shoot-em up. Your ideas are good.

Bill Garthright said...

Thanks, Ann. I know tastes in games vary, and I have no problem with that. But I can only comment on what I'd like to see, what I'd like to play, myself.