Saturday, April 30, 2016

Non-binary gender/sex



I'm not a young guy, but there are still a lot of things I'm learning for the first time. (And I'm grateful for that.)

Maybe kids learn this stuff in school these days - if they're lucky enough to have a good school - but we didn't even have sex education when I was a kid. (That's what recess was for.) And I took just one biology class in college.

Luckily, it wasn't a problem for me. I'm lucky enough to be a straight white man in a society where straight white men have enormous advantages. But what kind of society would we have if we didn't care about other people?

To be perfectly selfish, it would affect me if we turned into the hateful, bigoted, xenophobic kind of nation the right-wing has been pushing us towards. We would all do worse in that kind of society.

No comments: