Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Trump, O'Reilly, and Fox News



Fox News has long been the propaganda arm of the Republican Party (although we've never really known who was controlling whom). And although I'm glad to see advertisers abandoning O'Reilly, what took them so long?

Besides, you know that they won't be leaving Fox News. And you know that Fox will eventually replace O'Reilly with someone equally bad.

It's certainly no surprise that Trump and O'Reilly are in bed together. As I say, Fox News is the propaganda arm of the GOP, so what else would you expect?

Still, I'll laugh at all of them while I can still find something humorous about what's happening to my country.

2 comments:

jeff725 said...

O'Reilly's antics are no surprise to me at all. Several years ago, Rolling Stone had a big write-up about him. Among the people they interviewed were Michael Scott and Bob Cullinan. They both used to work at KETV in Omaha. After their Omaha days, they were working at a Denver TV station with....Bill O'Reilly. Among the things they remember about Bill was they always had to hit the strip clubs after work. And, according to both Scott and Cullinan, O'Reilly was definitely the "alpha male" of the bunch.

Bill Garthright said...

Interesting, Jeff. But yeah, none of that surprises me - not about Bill O'Reilly, Roger Ailes, or Donald Trump.