Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I feel like such a geek

<a href="http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&from=sp&fg=shareEmbed&vid=8cb424dc-cbdb-40be-90c5-8fb450462d2f" target="_new" title="Season 4 - Music Video - "Game On"">Video: Season 4 - Music Video - "Game On"</a>

OK, The Guild must be about the geekiest thing in the world anyway, but this takes it to a whole new level, don't you think?

I don't play these kinds of games, but I'm close enough to the gaming world to get a real kick out of The Guild. If you've never heard of it, check it out on YouTube . You'll want to start with Season 1, Episode 1. Don't worry; each episode is only a few minutes long.

It's a web series about obsessive gamers who get to know each other in real life, and if you have any online friends at all, you'll start to wonder how real this might be. Heh, heh. Well, maybe not, but it is pretty funny - at least if you're a gamer yourself.

Note the balding gamer with a toaster, microwave, and refrigerator, all within reach. Maybe I need to set up something like that.  :)  And there's the neglectful mother, with her kids gnawing on a power strip or locked away in the kitchen. (Let's hope that's not realistic!) Really, the characters are all strangely plausible.

Apparently, they're up to Season 4, but I haven't seen it since... Season 2?  So I guess I'll have to get caught up now.

No comments: