Monday, October 25, 2010

Best correction ever?

What might be the best correction ever comes from Amanda Hess:
Correction:
This blog post originally stated that one in three black men who have sex with me is HIV positive. In fact, the statistic applies to black men who have sex with men.

Heh, heh. I got this from Jonathan Chait, who comments:
I really hope that correction went up before her parents read the original item. And I don't mean that they'd necessarily worry about the race of her sexual partners. I'm just saying that if you have enough sexual partners to break them into sub-categories about which you can draw meaningful statistical inferences, you're probably not living the kind of lifestyle your parents prefer.

Of course, the humor of this typo does not detract from the importance of Hess's blog post. It's a serious issue. I'm not otherwise familiar with her blog, but this post is nothing to laugh about.

I do, however, applaud the fact that she can keep her sense of humor, despite these grim statistics. That's certainly admirable.

No comments: