Saturday, June 22, 2013

Summer sale at GOG.com

(Anachronox screenshot, from GameSpot)

There's a summer sale at GOG.com, and I know I shouldn't even look at these things,... but I can't resist.  500+ games at 50% off, with up to 85% off on daily deals? And their games are dirt cheap in the first place.

In their email, they helpfully noted that two games from my wishlist are on sale: Imperialism and Anachronox, both just $2.99 (half off). Now, I already own Imperialism. It's in a plastic crate,... somewhere in the basement. But GOG.com sets up their versions to run on modern computers, and that convenience is certainly worth $2.99 to me.

A bigger problem is that I don't have time to play the games I've already got! On Saturday and Sunday nights, I've been playing Arma 3, and the rest of the week, I've been playing Distant Worlds: Shadows. That leaves two recent Kickstarter games, Expeditions: Conquistador and Timber and Stone, which I've hardly even touched (not to mention the many other games on my computer).

I'm behind with everything else, too. (As you can tell, I haven't been blogging much, though I've got a ton of material.) But who am I kidding? Yeah, I'll be buying those games. At $3 each, I really can't resist. :)

(Imperialism screenshot, from GamesSpot)

No comments: