Thursday, December 16, 2010

2010 holiday sale at GOG.com

If you want to try some great old games, or just re-play some fondly remembered classics - all set up to play on modern computers - this is the sale for you. GOG.com claims to have 290 games on sale, at between 30% to 50% off their normally low prices.

We're talking about real classics here, games like Master of Orion, Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, The Temple of Elemental Evil, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights, Heroes of Might & Magic, and so many, many more - all at prices of $2.99 to $6.99.

No, that's not a typo. As far as I can tell, none of them cost as much as $7.

At that price, you can really afford to take a chance on a game. Of course, there are also user ratings and reviews of each game. (For example, 3131 people rated Planescape: Torment - average rating 5 out of 5 stars - and 176 wrote reviews.)

Heck, at that price, I'm tempted to buy games I already own, just so I don't have to mess with getting the originals installed and running correctly. (However, I'm so involved with Dragon Age: Origins right now that I really shouldn't be buying any more computer games.)

I don't have a financial interest in GOG.com, I assure you. I've bought games from them before, but that's it. But I love what they do there. And this is really a great sale. Take a look.

But remember, these are old games. The great gameplay is still there, but they don't have modern graphics. Still, if that matters to you, some are newer than others. And there are screenshots of every game. So they make it pretty easy to see what you're getting. GOG.com is a class act, it really is.

No comments: