Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver



OK, speaking of YouTube ads, here's another good reason to keep them enabled. This was the latest advertisement I saw on YouTube - yes, this entire video clip was the advertisement that ran before another video clip. (You could skip it after 5 seconds, if you wanted.)

It caught my attention right from the start, at least partly because I thought John Oliver did such a great job taking over for Jon Stewart on the Daily Show last year. Well, it's a great video clip, isn't it?

And the fact is, I didn't even know that Last Week Tonight with John Oliver was a thing. I didn't know the show even existed. Now, I don't know if I'll have time to watch it regularly, but I did subscribe to the show's YouTube channel (not that I've really got the time to watch more videos, either).

So, it's rare, admittedly. But in this particular case, I was glad I hadn't blocked the ads. :)

No comments: