Sunday, May 4, 2014

President Obama at the 2014 White House Correspondents' Dinner



President Obama always does a great job at these - I wonder who writes his jokes - but this was particularly funny, I thought. I mean, how can you not like this:
Noting that he had traveled to Asia recently, Obama said: "The lengths we have to go to get CNN coverage these days. I think they're still searching for their table."

The president saved his sharpest jabs for another cable news network. "The Koch brothers bought a table here tonight, but as usual they used a shadowy right-wing organization as a front. Hello, Fox News!"

He added: "Let's face it, Fox. You'll miss me when I'm gone. It will be harder to convince the American people that Hillary was born in Kenya."

Joel McHale was the headliner, and he had a few funny jokes, but Obama was better. Well, see for yourself.

Oh, and Obama's cartoon about the conservative bromance for Vladimir Putin? That was also hilarious. David Horsey had a similar one, so maybe that's where they got it?


No comments: