Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Minecraft 1.8 tutorial - how to survive your first night



I thought I'd post this, since Minecraft version 1.8 has just been released. I haven't played this version yet, but the very beginning hasn't changed much since I first blogged about the game here. (This video isn't much different from the one I posted then, either.)

If you've never played the game, this video will get you started. He plans to continue the tutorial series, too, or you can just check the wiki whenever you've got a question.

Note that, if you do want to follow this tutorial, you can enter 2905400373399475580 as the world seed, and you'll start in the same world in the same place. Or you can leave it blank and create a random world (as he did when he created that world).

Minecraft is a great game. I haven't played it in two and a half years, I guess, so I'm really tempted to give it a go again. But right now, I've just started a new fort in Dwarf Fortress, so this is going to have to wait.

___
Note: Check out my posts about this, and other computer games, here.

No comments: