Monday, June 8, 2015

John Oliver: Bail



Over and over again, John Oliver keeps pointing out big problems which have slipped through the cracks - or, at the very least, problems which I've missed previously, myself.

Bail is entirely outside my life experience. I've never posted bail. I don't think I've ever even known anyone who had to post bail. And I certainly don't watch 'reality TV.' So it's just completely foreign to me.

That's not to say it isn't important, of course. But I had no idea this was going on.

John Oliver isn't just carrying on in the tradition of Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. He isn't just a worthy successor. He's bringing up important issues that they didn't (at least, as far as I know). I'm really, really impressed - and grateful that he posts these clips on YouTube.

No comments: