Thursday, October 8, 2015

Mystery Faith






Interesting stuff, isn't it? I'd always just assumed there was a historical Jesus, but the more I hear of these arguments, the more I have to wonder.

Of course, it doesn't matter much to me. One human being, more or less, wouldn't be too remarkable, one way or the other. Certainly, there's no reason to believe the magic stuff, either way.

Incidentally, Richard Carrier mentioned his examples of evil done by the god of the Old Testament. If you're interested, here's the link.

Frankly, as bad as that is, it's not everything. If anything, it minimizes the evil (nothing, for example, about burning priest's daughters alive for having sex outside of marriage). I do not see how anyone can read the Old Testament and remain convinced of a loving god.

No comments: