Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Minecraft - I've got to try this!



I don't even have time to continue my Dwarf Fortress game, but I still want to play this. In fact, I just bought it. It's dirt cheap (less than $14), since it's still in alpha. And I want to support this kind of game, even if I don't have time to play it right now.

But I think I'll make time.

This is why I never finish games. I'm always finding something else I want to try. But really, between Minecraft and Dwarf Fortress - and Aurora and UnReal World, too - there are some incredible things going on with indie games that give you the freedom to do whatever you want, the freedom to create your own story.

Re. Minecraft, check out these "Mine the Gap" articles by Quintin Smith at Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Fascinating, aren't they? Tell me you don't want to play the game now.

There are a lot of Minecraft videos at YouTube, but be sure to check out this one. It was supposed to be a simple demonstration of building a fireplace in your Minecraft home. However, there turned out to be a slight problem...

Funny, isn't it? I'll bet it was frustrating, too! (Note that I tried embedding it here, but apparently putting two video clips in a single post causes problems at Blogger.)

No comments: