Sunday, November 28, 2010

Comics


Obviously, I'm a big fan of political cartoons and comics (not comic books, though). But for every cartoon like Savage Chickens that fits neatly into the narrow columns of this blog, there are many which don't. Dilbert had a great comic today, for example, and so did Pearls Before Swine, which has quickly become one of my very favorite strips. But they just don't fit in my space here.

So normally, I just chuckle and move on. I've already got far more topics to blog about than I have time to blog. But today, I thought I'd link to some of my favorites in a couple of great comic strips I follow. After all, that's how I discovered them.


Calamities of Nature is one of them. In addition to the comic shown above, check out this one. Or how about this and this, which I showed you in April. Great, huh? OK, I suspect that this strip might not be to everyone's taste. I think it's great, but I understand that tastes differ. But I've recently stumbled across a comic that you've got to like.

(Bug)

In just a short time, I've become a huge fan of Bug. In fact, I had a hard time deciding just which comics to highlight here. I had to go with spot the immigrant, but after that, I had a terrible time narrowing down my selections to just three.

But if you want to laugh, check out the guy who assumes the best, burglar beatdown, and lifestyles of the rich & famous. You may have different favorites, but in the short time I've been reading the strip, I think these four are mine.

So, if anyone's reading this, what are your favorite comic strips? What, don't you have a sense of humor? How do you stay sane?

1 comment:

annabelle said...

hahah I like the savage chicken one :)