Thursday, November 25, 2010

Dragon Age: Origins sale

Well, this sure looks good. Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition is on sale at Impulse for only $24.97.  This is download-only (no box or printed manual), but as it includes the original game, the Awakening expansion pack, and nine "content packs," it's supposedly a $114 value. (Impulse normally sells it for $49.95.)

I haven't had time to play games lately, but I might have to get this. I've been wanting to play it - I've always assumed I'd play it, eventually - and now might be the time.

But if this doesn't appeal to you - or if you've already got the game - I might point out that GOG.com has picked up a number of great older games lately, including Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2 ($9.99 each). They're both classics that every gamer should be familiar with.

Well, GOG.com is just full of classic games, all cheap and all set up to run on modern systems. I already own most of them, including the two Baldur's Gate games, but I swear I'm tempted to buy them again.

As I say, I haven't had much time to play games, but my yard work is done for the year, and with winter coming on, I might be able to make time,... assuming I can tear myself away from this blog occasionally.  :)

No comments: