Monday, February 14, 2011

Civilization IV song wins Grammy

(screenshot from Bit-Tech)

From GameSpot:
Christopher Tin made video game history today, becoming the first composer to win a Grammy Award for a song composed for a game. Tin took out the Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocalist(s) at the 53rd Grammy Awards in Los Angeles today for his composition "Baba Yetu", the opening track from Sid Meier's Civilization IV. Tin also won the Grammy for Best Classical Crossover Album for his debut album, Calling All Dawns, which also features the song "Baba Yetu".

I'm a big fan of the Civilization games (especially Civ II), and this song was exceptional. But I guess I don't understand why he won the Grammy now, when Civilization IV was released six years ago.

Oh, well, I guess I don't care all that much, either. As a gamer and a fan of this particular game, I thought this deserved notice. And if you're curious, here's the song itself:

No comments: