Thursday, April 14, 2011

Toemageddon 2011

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Toemageddon 2011 - This Little Piggy Went to Hell
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical Humor & Satire BlogThe Daily Show on Facebook

Just when you think you've seen the dumbest hysteria possible, the loons come out with something like this to top it. Can you believe it?

And this time, it's not just Fox, either. Apparently, every network has decided to milk this laughable "controversy" for all they can. (At least, Jon specifically mentions NBC, ABC, CNN, and Fox. Maybe CBS kept its sanity?)

You know, I would have probably joined them when I was ten - and worried that they might make my little brother a "sissy." But by the time I was 12 or so, I think I'd grown up enough to understand just how stupid that fear was.

Hey, I had an excuse. I was just a child, myself. To see grown adults acting like ten-year-olds is just... well, it's really depressing, actually. A little boy painting his toenails - even neon pink - is not a transgender issue. Jeebus, I can't even believe I have to say that! How dumb can people get?

Jon Stewart is pretty good here. You can tell he's just as astonished - and disgusted - with this as I am. What's next? Really, what's next? And what's happened to us that we've become this stupid?

3 comments:

Ann J. said...

Thanks! I can't stop laughing.

Ann J. said...

Now that I've stopped laughing, I'm a little bit worried. Are we really headed toward an idiocracy? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiocracy

Bill Garthright said...

I know exactly what you mean, Ann.

I haven't seen that movie, but sometimes I feel like I'm living in it. And that's not real funny.