Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Michele Bachmann and Dominionism



This is something of a follow-up to my previous post. Cenk Uygur is absolutely right, but I wish he'd mentioned Rick Perry, not just Michele Bachmann.

I never thought Bachmann had much of a chance at the nomination, and certainly not in the general election. So she doesn't scare me like Perry does. Because Rick Perry is just like her, but he has a much better chance to get the Republican nomination.

And yeah, it's hard to believe we'd actually elect him to the presidency, but remember, we elected George W. Bush twice. Bush was re-elected even when we already knew how bad he was. And with the economy still terrible, there's just no telling how dumb my fellow voters will be (or, for many of them, how apathetic, which is just as bad).

3 comments:

Chimeradave said...

Bill, are you finally watching The Young Turks?

Bill Garthright said...

John, I've been watching their YouTube videos, on and off, for a long time. I didn't subscribe until just recently, but I've seen a lot the clips.

Chimeradave said...

I watch them much more infrequently now because it seems to be more about entertainment then news these days, but they're still a lot of fun.