Friday, August 12, 2011

Sarah Palin's version of the bat signal

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Colbert Super PAC - Rick Parry with an "A" for America
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical Humor & Satire BlogVideo Archive

"Apparently, Sarah Palin's version of the bat signal is anyone else's spotlight." Heh, heh.

It's pretty clear that this is all about money for Palin, don't you think? She's not going to run for political office again. Heck, she only made it half-way through her first term as Alaska's governor. She just wants the spotlight, because that's how celebrities make the big bucks.

That's why I posted this, just for the first minute or so of this video clip. I'm not sure what I think of the rest of it, urging Iowans to vote for "Rick Parry with an A."

I suppose these Colbert Super PAC ads are kind of funny - though not as funny as I was expecting, frankly. And urging a write-in vote for "Rick Parry"? Yeah, that fits with Stephen Colbert's on-air persona, I guess. But,... well, maybe my expectations were just too high.

2 comments:

Chimeradave said...

I think the ads ended up being kind of stupid. The one making funny of Tim Pawlenty's overly dramatic ad was better.

Bill Garthright said...

Yes, I agree, John.