Saturday, August 20, 2011

Oklahoma Freethought Convention 2011



This is the first of the talks at the recent Oklahoma Freethought Convention. This speech and the other four are all available on The Thinking Atheist's channel on YouTube. Here's the playlist.

The videos are long - 45 to 55 minutes each - but the speakers are all really interesting. I highly recommend them.

It's a shame that something like this gets little or no attention in the mainstream media - apparently, there wasn't a single reporter there - and that it doesn't get a wider venue on television. But at least it's easily available on the internet, something that wasn't the case not many years ago.

As I say, they're all really interesting. Check them out.

3 comments:

Chimeradave said...

45 minutes. Hmm... you do realize that's about the length of a typical Protestant sermon? Atheism is totally your religion.

Bill Garthright said...

Heh, heh. Are you kidding, John? I listened to all of these - something like three and a half hours worth.

And I don't begrudge the time one bit. When I started, I thought I'd just listen for a few minutes. But I was really impressed with the quality of all the speakers there.

Jim Harris said...

The Bible's Buried Secrets is my favorite NOVA episode. And I've read three of Bart Ehrman's books. I've always wondered how Christians would react to this kind of information.