Thursday, July 26, 2012

Do we look stupid to the GOP?

The Daily Show with Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Democalypse 2012 - Do We Look Stupid? Don't Answer That Edition
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical Humor & Satire BlogThe Daily Show on Facebook


The Daily Show with Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Democalypse 2012 - Do We Look Stupid? Don't Answer That Edition - Grammatical Gaffes
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical Humor & Satire BlogThe Daily Show on Facebook

Crazy, isn't it? And Republicans are pushing this lie for all it's worth. Do they really think we're this dumb?

Are we this dumb? For god's sake, American voters aren't too bright, but please tell me we're not this dumb? Are we really going to buy these lies from the GOP?

Sure, they're pushing this night and day on Fox. But come on, even their viewers must get some information from other sources, don't they? Please tell me that even Fox 'News' viewers aren't dumb enough to swallow this lie!

I really like the last part of this, where Barack Obama and Mitt Romney "argue it out" - agreeing on everything Barack Obama said in that speech. Funny, huh?

But what does that tell you about Mitt Romney? That he has no ethics at all? That he has no moral center? That he'll say anything, agree to anything, in order to get elected? But you already knew that, didn't you?

4 comments:

Jeff said...

Something Jon Stewart brought up; are the Republicans running out of arguments?

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2012/07/mitt_romney_and_the_republican_party_do_not_want_to_disclose_basic_truths_for_fear_that_someone_will_use_these_facts_against_them_some_day_.single.html

One quick answer would be, and I paraphrase Ambassador Sarek in an episode of "Star Trek:" 'Republicans don't argue for reasons, they simply argue.'

Bill Garthright said...

Thanks for the link, Jeff. That's a good one! I might have to post an excerpt from it.

Obviously, the truth is dangerous to the Republican Party because the facts are not on their side. That's why they've become anti-science, too. Since reality doesn't back up their arguments, they reject reality.

It's the triumph of faith-based thinking, and it should be a clear sign to rational Americans everywhere.

I'm just not sure how many rational Americans we've got anymore.

m1nks said...

Umm, hate to say it but 'yes 'you' do look stupid to the GOP going by their actions' From what I can see from my viewing point over here they aren't even really trying to cover what they are doing or offer any convincing excuses for the times when their hands are blatently caught in the cookie jar.

I can't comment on specifics cos of course I can't see those videos but I'm gonna say 'Yes' to your initial statement/question.

Bill Garthright said...

I think you're right, m1nks. But you can hardly blame them. After all, those kinds of tactics keep working for them. I'm coming to think we're stupid, too.

And I wish you could see those videos, but I can't do anything about that. Well, I could avoid posting so many of them, true. Unfortunately, it's just too easy, especially when I'm too busy to write much.