Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Gospel of John Doe





This is Scott Clifton again, "Theoretical Bullshit" on YouTube. I really like how he does these, so I've been slowly working my way through his video archive.

What struck me about these two videos was how much they sounded like my review of Forged by Bart D. Ehrman, which I posted a few days ago. In this second video, especially, Clifton really makes the same points I did, and which Ehrman did in his book.

Yet these videos were posted in 2007, while Forged was first published in 2011. Of course, Forged wasn't covering new ground, but it was a New York Times bestseller and certainly new to me (and to many other people, apparently). But Clifton makes the same case - briefly, but well - four years earlier in these videos.

Well, coincidence is funny. But Scott Clifton is clearly not just a smart guy, but very knowledgeable, too.

No comments: