Friday, August 24, 2012

Teresa MacBain at FreeOK2012



This is 50 minutes long (and the sound cuts out briefly a couple of times, near the end), but I thought it was very interesting.

Of course, I've never understood how adults can believe in fairy tales. And then, to start with that mindset, to be so convinced of what you've been told all your life, and then make the long journey to disbelief, that's really impressive!

That's very different from my own experience, which wasn't difficult at all. Sure, I was raised Christian. Sure, I never knew anyone who wasn't a Christian, as far as I knew. (Certainly, no one ever expressed any doubts.) But it was a casual Christian environment, and I don't ever remember actually believing it.

But Teresa MacBain is a member of The Clergy Project.  She wasn't just a believer, but a Christian minister! I can't imagine how hard that must have been. As I say, it's really impressive.

No comments: