Sunday, May 1, 2011

Fox News misrepresents marijuana ruling



I majored in Journalism years (many years) ago, so Fox "News" really gets my goat. I just hate to see journalism degraded like this. Fair and balanced? Don't make me puke!

The above video is typical of Fox. When they do bring an opposing point of view on the show - often, their only guest is just someone parroting the Fox line on issues - it's always two against one. That defense attorney here is woefully unprepared for this, but O'Reilly doesn't let him talk, anyway. Whenever he starts to make a point, O'Reilly just speaks over him.

Now I think that Bill O'Reilly's show, in the above video, is supposed to be "commentary," not strictly a news program. But he should still be honest, don't you think? And do I really need to point out that the "news" segments of Fox "News" aren't any more honest than O'Reilly is, on average?

Well, if you have any doubts about that, check out LiberalViewer's channel on YouTube. He seems to specialize in pointing out the propaganda, the errors, and the plain, old-fashioned lying on Fox. (Not just Fox, though. In this clip, for example, he wonders about a question asked on NBC. Take a look. It's one of my favorites.)

No comments: