Monday, May 20, 2013

Hunting morel mushrooms



Is it Monday already? Gee, what happened to the time? Sorry, guys, but I spent the weekend playing Arma 3. Maybe this will tide you over. :)

I love morel mushrooms, but hunting them is another thing I haven't done in years. Admittedly, I had a harder time finding them near Lincoln than in northeast Nebraska, where I grew up.

And I don't cook, or not much. But they were incredibly delicious the way my mother used to cook them. Dust the morels with flour (so the egg will stick), then dip them in beaten eggs (so the crackers will stick), then roll them in cracker crumbs and fry in a pan with a lot of oil (bacon grease?).

Oh, man, that's wonderful stuff! And some years, we'd find a ton of these mushrooms - and sometimes, other kinds of edible mushrooms, too.

No comments: