Thursday, December 29, 2011

Democrats ban cheerfulness

From The State (SC):
Two South Carolina legislators say state employees shouldn't have to answer the phone with Gov. Nikki Haley's mandated cheery greeting unless it's truly a great day in South Carolina.

Democratic state Reps. John Richard King and Wendell Gilliard have filed legislation saying no state agency can force its employees to answer the phone with, "It's a great day in South Carolina," as long as state unemployment is 5 percent or higher. Their bill also would prohibit requiring the greeting as long as all South Carolinians don't have health insurance.

At a September meeting, Haley ordered her Cabinet agencies to embrace the greeting, saying it could help change the mood of state government.

Heh, heh. I have a feeling that Stephen Colbert, who grew up in South Carolina, is going to jump all over this when he gets back from the holidays. What do you think?

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Rush, Faux "News," et al go bats--t ballistic in 3.....2.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwlNPhn64TA

Bill Garthright said...

Not what I expected, Jeff. But I think I saw Bill O'Reilly's face in that mushroom cloud. :)

Chimeradave said...

That's great I can't wait to see what Colbert does with it either. Should I start to answer the phone: "Hello, it's an okay day in Philly, you know, I've had better."